Credant Launches Full Data Encryption
CREDANT Technologies has released CREDANT® Mobile Guardian (CMG) Enterprise Edition (v6.0). Announcing Full Data Encryption2 specifically for Windows and Vista platforms, CREDANT delivers comprehensive security by protecting data against both external and insider threats in a single solution without compromising or impacting existing IT operational processes.
ebizQ received the following:
CMG's Full Data Encryption2 is an expanded set of policy-based options that redefine encryption for the next wave of data-centric, pervasive computing and endpoint protection. Just as important, this is accomplished without the security and operational compromises inherent in full disk and user-controlled file/folder encryption solutions. Complementing CMG Full Data Encryption2, CREDANT is also introducing:
· A standalone version of CMG Windows Shield that ensures that an organization’s data remains secure when shared with a business partner
· Enhanced management, audit, reporting capabilities that ensure that any organization can prove that data stored on vulnerable endpoints were secured with encryption
· Expanded platform coverage (Windows, handhelds, smart phones, external storage devices) and enhanced features that protect data on all vulnerable endpoints
· Integration with one of the market-leading forensics solutions, which ensures forensics investigations can be performed without being hindered by encryption or compromising security
In 2007, many organizations reacted swiftly to laptop data breaches by protecting them against the external threat of being lost or stolen. But taking this action solves only half of the problem. While lost or stolen laptops play a role in 45 percent of all breaches as reported by the Ponemon Institute, the FBI has cited that 85 percent of data theft can be traced to the internal threat inside a firm caused by employees and consultants who gain unauthorized access to confidential data. With the average cost of a breach documented between $116 and $196 per record or higher, organizations must address both threats or remain vulnerable to being noncompliant; regulations do not limit accountability or liability to external threats!
"At AMERICAN SYSTEMS, we provide systems engineering, technical, and managed services for government and private sector customers. As a result, our clients trust us with their most sensitive network and other data that is stored on our employees’ and consultants’ laptops," said Wesley Ward, information security manager, AMERICAN SYSTEMS. "We chose CREDANT Mobile Guardian over several leading full disk encryption products because it protects data from internal and external threats, works with our existing operational processes, is transparent to our consultants, and can stand up to today’s most stringent data protection laws."
While other solutions address part of the data breach problem by protecting against the threat of a lost or stolen device, they leave an enterprise totally vulnerable to insider attack. With CREDANT’s solution deployed, organizations can rest assured that all data is encrypted if a computer is lost or stolen, and that it remains uniquely encrypted during routine computer maintenance or when multiple people have access to the same computer. In a single solution, CMG Full Data Encryption2 protects data against both types of threats, eliminates security gaps left by full disk encryption products, and reduces security administration. In addition, the CREDANT solution enables organizations to meet regulatory compliance requirements to encrypt customer and company data stored on employee, contractor, and business affiliate devices that have become part of the extended IT infrastructure.
"Security has always been the highest priority for customers that select CREDANT. We are also proud to say that CMG has been embraced by IT/desktop operations and the industry because it works without any changes to existing processes — an area that has been overlooked by many until this year," stated Chris Burchett, CREDANT CTO and co-founder. "We see a dramatic shift in the selection process as more organizations assess the total cost of ownership in managing and securing data that resides on thousands of endpoints, and we are delivering the solution that customers need today."
CMG does not impact help desk and desktop operations’ total cost of ownership (TCO), time-sensitive forensic investigations, or disaster recovery processes, thus enabling enterprises to cost-effectively meet compliance requirements while ensuring business continuance — a critical need for enterprises today. CMG Full Data Encryption2 is proven, transparent, and secure. Based on CREDANT’s proven and customer-endorsed Intelligent Encryption engine, it has been FIPS 140-2 validated and has gone through extensive penetration testing by third parties.
Key new features and benefits
- CMG Full Data Encryption2 redefines endpoint data protection for Windows and Vista to support both the insider and external threat of a data breach in one centrally managed fully integrated solution.
- CMG Enterprise Edition Shield for Windows protects data at rest on all of an organization’s laptops and desktops. It includes CMG External Media Shield to protect data that is moved from laptops and desktops to all types of external media — CD/DVD, USB Flash Drives, USB external storage devices, iPods, and more.
- CMG Stand-Alone Windows Shield protects data at rest on computers that an organization does not manage, such as those belonging to independent contractors, business partners, and affiliates.
- CMG Vista Shield can replace Bitlocker or augment its security by protecting against the insider threat by keeping each user’s data uniquely encrypted during routine computer maintenance or when multiple people have access to the same computer.
- Enhanced management server supports more granularity and control to meet the growing demands of policy-based systems to support diverse types of devices, users and data.
- Improved audit and reporting features provide simple “Prove IT” compliance and audit reports.
- Expanded device support, improved usability, and security for smartphones, PDAs, and other handhelds protect data assets on the move:
- Support for Symbian OS9 devices
- Expanded support for WM6 Professional and Standard (Smartphone) devices
- Enhanced Windows Mobile Smartphone usability
- Security through SMS restrictions for Windows Mobile
Availability and Additional Information
CREDANT Mobile Guardian 6.0 is available now. For additional information, attend our web seminar, “Redefining Security and Improving Operational Efficiencies,” on Wednesday, February 20, at 11:00 am CST. For details, go to www.credant.com.