Touchpaper Unveils IT Business Management Suite
Touchpaper today launched a new product portfolio underlining the company’s IT Business Management (ITBM) strategy and its vision for an ITBM enabled organization where the IT and customer service departments measure themselves against the strategic and operational goals of the business.
The following details were provided to ebizQ:
Aimed at commercial and government organizations, the Touchpaper ITBM suite is available today through the company’s direct sales channels and via its international network of Value Added Reseller (VAR) partners. The new Touchpaper ITBM solution is already deployed at more than ten Touchpaper customer sites worldwide.
"The role of IT and customer service is rapidly changing, particularly as organizations become more complex," said Carl Grieves, Touchpaper senior vice president . "Information technology is no longer seen as just a supplier of infrastructure but the department that is an enabler of an organization’s overall business objectives. Touchpaper’s ITBM solutions have been designed to help position IT services as the strategic infrastructure for facilitating maximum employee productivity and customer satisfaction and pivotal to delivering the vision and goals of an organization as measured by Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)."
David M. Coyle, Research Director, Gartner commented: "IT organizations must have the confidence to make key decisions on new technology if they are to move from being a business contributor and play a central role in the future of business strategy. A business oriented IT Service Management solution is essential in providing excellent service and support to customers and also leads the way in improving the effectiveness, efficiency, security and pro-active use of technology to drive growth, revenue, customer satisfaction, governance and best practices."
Specifically, Touchpaper’s ITBM suite can help deliver projects that drive business growth and value; meet customer needs and pre-defined levels of service; achieve governance and regulatory compliance; link business and IT strategies, plans and relationships; demonstrate the business value of IT; apply metrics to IT; budget and manage IT spending; foster change in business processes and manage risk.
Touchpaper’s ITBM product suite can be deployed in any global environment which is particularly important for international companies with a ‘follow the sun’ culture where Service Level Agreements (SLAs) need to be managed and implemented on a 24/7, 365 basis.
Functionality and Modular Approach
Touchpaper’s ITBM portfolio provides an end-to-end solution covering all aspects of IT Business Management (IT service management, customer service solutions and network and systems management) in a modular form.
In summary, the ITBM suite has:
- A single, user friendly, "smart" interface accessible through multiple formats (e.g. PC, Internet, PDA)
- A highly modular, cost effective solution, choose the options you need and add more as requirements change and grow
- Been designed to be fast to implement with tailorable out of the box functionality
- Been designed to support ITIL and other best-practice frameworks with flexible implementation options
- Customer service requirements at the core
- A single process engine to facilitate consistent decision making, auditing and use of best practices
- Web services interoperability for application integration both internally and externally to an organization
- Graphical visualization to "see" in real time
- Intelligent discovery and Smart Topology Mapping for up-to-date and relevant CMDB and CI content
- Role based functionality to provide all employees and customers access to the information they need at the time they need it
- The ability to add Configuration Management, Knowledge Management or Management Information to any existing Service Desk or Help Desk
- Been designed for global implementation and internationalization
Intrinsic knowledge management for better decision making and skills transfer