Cendura Provides Compliance Management Support for Oracle E-Business Suite
Cendura, a provider of continuous IT control solutions for enterprises, today announced at Oracle OpenWorld that the company will provide application configuration, change and compliance management support for the Oracle E-Business Suite, the first module of which will be Oracle Financials.
Cendura said the product, Cohesion Suite for Oracle Financials, provides Global 2000 organizations with the ability to meet requirements for Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, execute advanced change and configuration management, view detailed inventory of assets and related dependencies, perform policy-based application management, and create IT controls to ensure application performance and stability.
“We have helped hundreds of companies deploy Oracle E-Business Suite and consistently see the need to automate services configuration management, provide regulatory compliance IT controls, ensure rapid recovery for disaster planning, and help to maintain the stability of the Oracle E-Business Suite including Oracle Financials,” said Marc Hebert, EVP of Sierra Atlantic, a long-time Oracle Partner. “We think it makes so much sense for companies that have a significant investment in Oracle E-Business Suite to use Cendura for these needs. We’re excited about taking this solution to all of our clients who will reap significant benefits quickly.”
“Cohesion helps IT organizations ensure continuous service availability for critical applications such as Oracle Financials by providing applications with continuous IT controls. And, Cohesion’s policy-driven auditing provides continuous compliance with best practices and industry standards such as creating verifiable evidence of IT controls as required by Sarbanes-Oxley,” said Rick McEachern, Chief Marketing Officer, Cendura. “This suite of Blueprints will be followed by those for SAP, PeopleSoft, and Siebel, extending our leadership position as the only company to provide a unified configuration, compliance and change management platform for the top enterprise applications running on all major platforms.”
Cendura said that with the Cohesion Suite for Oracle Financials, IT organizations can:
- Discover all of the application tiers, servers, databases, operating systems and resident software components of the Oracle E-Business Suite
- Perform change detection between two instances of application environments, two applications, two servers, two databases, or two software components
- Schedule configuration changes to run automatically or on-demand to enforce daily maintenance cycles for configuration standards
- Visualize the relationships between the Web server, application server and database server (with details on the nature of those relationships e.g., JDBC connectivity)
- Perform automatic rule compliance and verification to ensure relationships stay intact, and database performance is not compromised by ad hoc configuration changes.
- Create a Gold Standard Application with associated policies and use the Gold Standard for comparisons between QA and Production rollout of the application
- Create, run, and audit policies to comply with virtually any regulatory standard and use the policies to ensure compliance on every instance of the application
- Provide historical records, reports and evidence to meet compliance mandates
- Accelerate troubleshooting tasks significantly
Cendura added that all capabilities of the Cohesion Engine are accessible to other enterprise applications through standards-based and flexible APIs, allowing developers and systems integrators to create custom adapters to a variety of back-end systems such as IBM Tivoli, BMC Patrol, and HP OpenView.
To learn more about Cohesion 3.0, access www.cendura.com.