Oracle Announces Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g
To help customers lower costs, adapt to change and simplify business process management, Oracle today announced Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g.
ebizQ received the following:
A component of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g is the industry’s most complete, open and integrated Business Process Management (BPM) solution. Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g supports all types of processes with a new unified process foundation, user-centric design and social BPM capabilities.
Join us for BPM in Action on June 23, 2010. Learn more here.
Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g includes a native implementation of BPMN 2.0.
New Capabilities Reduce Complexity and Enhance Collaboration
Unified process foundation of Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g simplifies process development, deployment, monitoring and execution. New components include:
- Unified process engine: executes BPEL and BPMN 2.0 processes, human workflow and rules, and is integrated with Oracle SOA Suite, Oracle Business Activity Monitoring and Oracle Business Intelligence Suite Enterprise Edition Plus.
- Oracle Universal Content Management: for document-centric processes.
- End-to-end management: unifies the management and monitoring of business processes to extend problem management beyond the process boundary.
Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g delivers a user-centric design approach, simplifying the process management lifecycle with tools that address user role requirements and enable both IT and business process participants. Key components include:
- BPM Studio: for role-based modeling and design.
- Process Composer: for web-based process modeling and deployment.
- Process analysis and reporting: for business visibility, process status and operational reporting.
- A single “What-you-see-is-what-you-execute” process model: supports the entire BPM lifecycle and eliminates synchronization problems between process design, simulation, execution and monitoring.
The social BPM capabilities of Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g enable collaboration among users by incorporating social computing and Enterprise 2.0 technologies, including wikis and blogs. Key features include:
- Process Spaces: deliver customized team spaces for business and IT through all phases of the business process management lifecycle.
- Business Process Guides: provide a milestone-centered view of processes that simplifies understanding and communication of process flow.
- Unstructured Process Support: helps users address unanticipated process changes by dynamically adding and delegating to additional process participants.
“Today, critical business processes span disparate systems across the enterprise, making it difficult to model, monitor or manage them,” said David Shaffer, vice president, product management, Oracle Fusion Middleware. “Built on a unified process foundation, Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g enables organizations to engage both business and IT users more easily in the management of core business processes and simplify the complete business process lifecycle. Now, businesses can innovate more easily and improve the processes that are critical to their organizations.”
“Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g is a major milestone which provides the unification of both BPMN and BPEL-based processes in a single runtime environment,” said Mike Rokitka, Enterprise Software Architect, Benderson Development Co. “It provides a rich collaborative environment, as well as effective tools for managing and monitoring deployed business processes. The degree of integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware is quite impressive."
“Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g is a big step forward for business process management,” said Mark Peterson, Senior BPM Architect, SSG. “The unified process foundation that unifies BPEL with BPMN 2.0 removes complexity and enables managing all types of processes efficiently without compromise.”
“Business process management suites (BPMSs) are the leading technology to support business process management (BPM) projects and programs. A BPMS supports the entire process improvement life cycle — from process discovery, definition and design to implementation, monitoring and analysis, and through ongoing optimization. Its model-driven approach enables business and IT professionals to work together more collaboratively throughout the life cycle than was possible in past solution development approaches,” said Jim Sinur, Vice President, Business of IT Research Division, Gartner. “Today, integrated BPM suites that support the latest standards like BPMN 2.0 and modern collaboration technologies provide the solid value to companies who want to align their business and IT objectives.”