Oracle Introduces Oracle Tuxedo 11g
New Release Delivers Enhanced Scalability, Performance and SOA Support for Mission-Critical Applications
Oracle today announced Oracle Tuxedo 11g, the industry's #1 application server for mission critical C/C++ and COBOL applications.
ebizQ received the following:
Organizations can re-host expensive mainframe applications to run on Oracle Tuxedo 11g, an open, standard-based platform that can deliver substantial cost savings while maintaining a quality of service level comparable to an IBM mainframe system.
Join us for the ebizQ Cloud QCamp on April 7, 2010. Learn more here.
Part of Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g, this SOA-ready platform provides a standards-based, metadata-driven application development model with support for C/C++, COBOL, Ruby and Python programming languages.
Monitoring tools, including a Web 2.0 based console, provide users with unique insights into Oracle Tuxedo 11g applications. This interactive console enables capacity planning and quick problem resolution.
Oracle Tuxedo 11g can support the deployment of tens of thousands of domains in an application grid architecture.
Reduce Downtime and Increase Scalability
New products joining the Oracle Tuxedo 11g family:
- Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime 11g for CICS and Batch and Oracle Tuxedo Application Re-hosting Workbench 11g: Oracle Tuxedo Application Runtime redefines the process of mainframe migration to open systems by automating re-hosting. This helps reduce the time, cost and risk of migration projects, thus improving ROI.
New features in Oracle Tuxedo 11g include:
- Oracle Tuxedo JCA Adapter 11g: Enables Integration with JCA compliant application servers.
- Oracle Service Architecture Leveraging Tuxedo (SALT) 11g.
- Provides a SCA programming model for mission-critical Web services, thus enabling reduced time to market for new business services.
- Delivers WS-TX support, which enables transactional integrity across Web services.
- Oracle Tuxedo System and Application Monitor (TSAM) 11g: Enhances monitoring through a new Web 2.0 based, interactive console for faster problem resolution and root cause analysis.
“Global organizations need the best possible application server for mission-critical C/C++ and COBOL applications to ensure uninterrupted operation and service delivery in a cost effective way,” said Frank Xiong, vice president of Software Development, Oracle. “With the new Tuxedo Application Re-hosting and Runtime solution and increased support for SOA application development and enhanced language support, Oracle Tuxedo 11g sets the standard for scalability and performance, and provides customers with an industrial strength alternative to mainframe systems.”
"Oracle Tuxedo SALT 11g will provide Telecom Italia the capability to expose services, when appropriate, from our GISP system running on our Tuxedo-infrastructure. GISP is the Service Order Management system for Telecom Italia mobile services, so one can easily understand how important and strategic this system is for Telecom Italia,” said Gianfranco Ruggiero -- ICT Project Manager at Telecom Italia S.p.A.