Kalido Broadens Data Governance Solution
Kalido today announced that the latest release of the Kalido Information Engine now includes significant data matching capabilities for broader support of governance programs.
ebizQ received the following:
The new release also includes enhanced functionality for the enablement of best practices for the design, development and deployment of the Kalido Information Engine.
With this new release, Kalido has improved its already substantial native data governance capabilities with the addition of automated data matching capabilities that will help ease a significant manual and administrative burden for data stewards across the enterprise.
As organizations increase their focus on regulatory compliance and cost-cutting initiatives, many have identified bad data as a significant barrier to their efforts. In response, forward-looking companies have begun to deploy formal processes in the form of data governance programs to ensure a business acceptable level of information quality.
Significant new functionality includes integrated matching intelligence that improves rules management, candidate management, confidence calculation, process matching and survivorship management within Kalido. Specifically, Kalido's new integrated matching technology will enable customers to:
- De-dupe and match records from different sources to help build gold-copy master data, as well as automatically create and maintain those mapping relationships between source and gold-copy master data.
- Use hierarchy relationships as part of a match and support complex match definitions across fields.
- Use any master data element or nickname as a thesaurus and use those elements as part of a matching criterion.
Kalido's native workflow capabilities will automatically deliver non-conforming master data records that are rejected in the matching process to data stewards, with data validation issues highlighted for verification and resolution.
In addition to improved support for data governance, the latest release of the Kalido Information Engine includes:
- Increased scalability, usability and development capabilities in the Kalido Business Information Modeler™ making it easier to create, manage, view and understand large models;
- Greater support for best practice enablement for data warehouse development, including increased security management and enforcement; and
- Improved integration between the Kalido Modeler and Kalido's fully governed data warehouse software.
As previously announced, this release of the Kalido Information Engine is certified to run on Netezza appliances, thereby combining Netezza's performance and scalability with Kalido's flexibility, automation and governance capabilities.
Bill Hewitt, president and CEO of Kalido, said:
"The current economic environment is making many companies realize the negative impact of bad data. Our expanded offering enables businesses to take a 'top-down' approach, defining governance at the highest levels and driving these critical processes into daily operations. As a result, bad data becomes a thing of the past, giving business users what they want; accurate, consistent and timely information they can use to make better decisions."