Archer Technologies Delivers Mobile Solution for Enterprise Governance, Risk and Compliance
Archer Technologies, a provider of enterprise governance, risk and compliance (GRC) solutions, today announced the launch of Archer Mobile, which provides Fortune 1000 clients with immediate access to risk, security and compliance data. Extending Archer’s award-winning GRC platform onto mobile devices, Archer Mobile enables end users to rapidly access the information they need from remote facilities, satellite offices, warehouses, vendor locations, home offices and anywhere else business takes them.
ebizQ received the following:
“The demands of an effective GRC program don’t end when our customers step away from their desks. With the explosive amount if data they are managing to evaluate business risks and demonstrate regulatory compliance, mobile access to this information is no longer a luxury; it’s a necessity,” said Peter Novosel, vice president of products for Archer. “The Archer team is excited to deliver on our customers’ request for anytime, anywhere access to critical GRC data.”
With Archer Mobile, clients now have a way to leverage key processes and information from their existing enterprise GRC best-practice applications. Practical uses of Archer Mobile include:
- Accessing business continuity plans, procedures and calling trees from a remote office in the event of a business process failure or crisis situation
- Integrating with Google Maps and MS Maps for quick access to physical locations and contact information
- Pinpointing a vendor facility while travelling for an on-site third-party audit
- Reading the details of a physical or cyber incident and making informed decisions on how to respond while away from the office
- Reviewing previous findings while walking through a facility that is the subject of a security assessment
Archer Mobile operates on any mobile device running the WebKit application framework, including the Apple iPhone, Blackberry Storm, Google Android G1 and Nokia N95. It provides access to GRC data that clients manage within their Archer environment, allows users to map addresses to their mobile GPS application, supports point-and-click dialing of phone numbers stored within Archer contact records and many other functions.
Archer is delivering live demonstrations of Archer Mobile in booth 1139 at the 2009 RSA Conference in San Francisco.