Service-now.com Winter 2009 Release Adds New Applications for IT Service Management via SaaS
Service-now.com, the pioneer of IT service management via SaaS, today announced highlights of the Service-now.com Winter 2009 release.
ebizQ received the following:
This new release provides consumer Web functionality like mobile browser access, search, drag-and-drop UI customization, and online shopping to enterprise IT. The Winter 2009 release also includes support for project management and graphical workflow.
Service-now.com is the first enterprise IT service management software to be delivered via software-as-a-service (SaaS). More than 1000 Service-now.com customer instances were updated with the Winter 2009 release in less than one hour while most customers were home for the weekend. This is the 15th Service-now.com release in three and a half years.
Service-now.com customer, Zamil Industrial, is an international manufacturing group, is headquartered in Dammam, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and employs more than 8,500 people in 55 countries.
Ahmed Abdrabalnabi, Zamil Industrial IT services planning manager, said, “This was another seamless Service-now.com upgrade. Through the power of ITSM via SaaS, we’re already using the new Service-now.com Project Management functionality with minimal customization to track time spent on IT projects. Also, Service-now.com graphical workflow is a powerful tool we are using to deliver more efficient change management.”
The Service-now.com Winter 2009 release includes:
Enterprise IT service desk on the iPhone and Blackberry
- Open, update and close service requests, incidents, problems and changes from the mobile device
- Untethered IT management for better data accuracy and more informed IT service
- Support for the most popular mobile browsers including iPhone, Blackberry, and Android
Like Google for a CMDB
- Powerful global search finds system tasks, policies, incidents, problems, changes, CIs, people, locations, rules, etc.
- Definable search parameters for more control and accuracy of results
The Amazon.com of enterprise IT shopping
- Service-now.com now offers flexible pricing and presentation of service catalog content
- Automatic identification and display of the most popular catalog items
- Simplified catalog content listings
The My Yahoo! of IT service management dashboards
- Complete control of Service-now.com home page presentation and layout
- Familiar content management system features
Project Management via SaaS
- Simplifies and organizes complex IT initiatives
- Helps deliver timely project execution
- Technician work queue tasks promote focus on project milestones
- Gantt charts and reporting for visibility into project progress
- Integrated with Service-now.com change, release and service level management
Integrated graphical workflow
- Simple process design and task automation across Service-now.com applications
- Design process flows and automate tasks within the Web-based UI
- Drag-and-drop system tasks into parallel and sequential workflows
Fred Luddy, Service-now.com CEO, said, “Enterprise IT management can be easy. We have set out to provide IT pros with the efficient, cost-saving functionality of today’s best consumer Web technologies. With SaaS, we upgrade a global, enterprise customer base in less than an hour with no hassle to the end user. After decades of legacy software experience, I am amazed at what we can do with technology today.”
Pricing and availability
The Service-now.com Winter 2009 release is available now. Service-now.com is offered through a subscription license with volume discounts available. A live demo instance of the Service-now.com Winter 2009 release is available at http://demo.service-now.com (no registration required).
Knowledge09 is back in San Diego, May 4-7, 2009. The annual Service-now.com user conference has created a community of professionals dedicated to solving the challenges of IT service management using modern technology and common-sense best practices. Join us.
Service-now.com is the pioneer of on-demand IT service management software. Service-now.com integrates ITIL v3 processes, software-as-a-service delivery, and Web 2.0 functionality to deliver a flexible, intuitive and self-managing application. Service-now.com was founded by Fred Luddy, former CTO of Peregrine Systems and Remedy. The company is based in Solana Beach, Calif. and has more than 230 customers worldwide. For more information, please visit http://www.service-now.com/.