Appian Releases Enterprise 5.7 BPM Software, Launches ShareBase Community Concept
On November 10, Appian made a point release of its core business process management (BPM) middleware available. More interestingly, the company launched Appian ShareBase, a repository of BPM content contributed to initially by Appian staff and eventually by customers and partners.
ebizQ received the following:
Appian Enterprise 5.7 introduces new features that support user ability to design, execute, manage and optimize key business processes. These features are centered on enabling users to rapidly build process-based flows that integrate people and systems.
- Expanded support for Custom Data Types in Appian Process Models. Complex data types can be used to define Process Variables, which are available for use in process nodes, forms, and reports
- Enhanced Web Services support across a range of services and the recent BPM standards. Automatic creation of complex data types allows for more flexible mapping of Web Service inputs and outputs
- Web Services for Remote Portlets: support for WSRP 1.0 consumption, and easy publication of 3rd party WSRP content into Appian Portal Pages
- Process Modeling Enhancements for faster discovery of key functions and discovery of process errors
- Enhanced Portal Capabilities including improved portlets and portal content sharing
- Improved Content Management interfaces with more actions for manipulating content
The Sharebase BPM repository is free to use with an Appian product license. All content in the repository is contributed by the members of the Appian community, and includes Process Models, Smart Services, Form Libraries, Rules, enhancements and other extensions. Appian ShareBase will enable a new level of knowledge-sharing among Appian users that will help expand the value of Appian’s BPM Suite technology. Appian has pre-loaded Appian ShareBase with popular content, and will continue to add to it regularly. Appian ShareBase also enables partners and customers of Appian to freely upload, review, and discuss content. Appian ShareBase can be accessed via Appian Access, the online collaborative network for Appian Enterprise users.
“The Appian community is a diverse global network of organizations with one thing in common: they are all using Appian to drive fundamental improvements in how they operate,” said Matthew Calkins, President and CEO of Appian. “With Appian Enterprise 5.7, we are giving that community the most powerful, yet easy-to-use, BPM platform available. With Appian ShareBase, we are helping the members of that community learn from each other’s successes to speed the time-to-value of their BPM initiatives.”
Appian Enterprise 5.7 will be generally available on December 19th, 2008. The Appian ShareBase repository is immediately available,